Check here frequently to see what's happening at Angel Flight South Central and where we'll be over the next couple of months. You'll find lots of ways that you can plug into this great mission! If you're aware of any other aviation-related events that we should consider adding to our calendar, let us know!
Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering at any of these events.
Laugh Magic Theater (June 24, 2018, Grapevine, TX) – comedy show benefitting Angel Flight South Central
North Pole Journey (July 14–28, 2018, Dallas, TX) – more info below
Race of Angels 5K (December 8, 2018, Conroe, TX)
Sponsor the North Pole Journey and you’re helping to fly people to life-saving medical treatment.
Wayne Maynard has been a volunteer pilot with Angel Flight South Central for 8 years. He has planned a North Pole Journey (July 14–28, 2018) to raise awareness about AFSC and to garner $60,000 in donations to support its operations.
Wayne will fly the same aircraft he uses for Angel Flights, his Columbia 350, from Dallas Love Field to the North Pole and back. Supporters have the opportunity to attend the launch party at the Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas, receive a call from Wayne while flying over the North Pole, have their company’s decal affixed to his plane, follow his travels via satellite tracking and video posts online, and hear all about his adventures at the return party.
VIP SPONSORS / $3000–5000
- Richard Evelyn Bird, Jr. Sponsor ($5000)
- Sir William Edward Parry Sponsor ($4000)
- Sir John Ross Sponsor ($3000)
- Name of sponsorship may be changed to name of company/individual and will be displayed on the plane’s vertical stabilizer during advance publicity, on the North Pole Journey, and at air shows for 12 months after the journey. Each VIP Sponsor will also receive a commemorative patch.
DECAL DONORS / $2500
- Each Decal Donor will have their logo displayed on the plane during advance publicity, on the North Pole Journey, and at air shows for 12 months after the journey. Each Decal Donor will also receive a commemorative patch.
SAT PHONE CALLS / $200–500
- Wayne will place a 5-minute SAT phone call to donors.
- General Level ($500): Wayne calls while circling the North Pole.
- Colonial Level ($300): Wayne calls while approaching / departing North Pole.
- Major Level ($200): Wayne calls while over the Canadian tundra.
LAUNCH PARTY (10 AM, 7/14, FRONTIERS OF FLIGHT MUSEUM, DALLAS) OR RETURN PARTY (10 AM, 7/28, AMBASSADOR JET CENTER, DALLAS) / $100
- Tickets $100 apiece. Spouses and children may attend launch party free.
- Kids may bring a letter to be delivered to Santa Claus at the North Pole.
WEBSITE SUBSCRIPTION / $25
- $25 subscription to “North Pole Journey” website, to include all details of flight and real-time tracking provided by FlightAware, through Aireon.