Angel Flight South Central's (AFSC) primary mission is to arrange free flights for patients requiring scheduled medical treatment not available to them locally. This can include chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and a variety of other specialized therapies or surgeries. In addition, we will help patients travel for qualified second medical opinions recommended by their physician. Other humanitarian requests are considered on a case by case basis.
Angel Flight South Central does not require that a passenger meet financial guidelines to qualify for a flight, however we ask that our passengers demonstrate a compelling need before they ask for transportation, as each mission represents a significant cost to a volunteer pilot. Our pilots donate their time, aircraft, and all expenses involved to help people who otherwise would not be able to travel for medical treatment or for other compelling humanitarian reasons.
You will find all the forms you need available for download below. If you have further questions, please call our office toll free at 888-500-0433.
Note: We do not provide Air Ambulance or emergency rescue services
The following criteria must be met for all Angel Flight South Central Passengers:
- Passengers must be ambulatory. All passengers must be able to walk and must be able to enter and exit a small airplane (4-6 seats, non-pressurized) with limited assistance.
- Passengers must be able to sit upright during the flight (seats do not recline).
- Angel Flight South Central limits missions to 1,000 miles from origin city to destination city.
- A qualified doctor, nurse, or social worker must complete and sign the mission request paperwork (click here to download). It is the patient's responsibility to ensure we get the proper paperwork in a timely manner.
- We need 7 working days from the time we recieve paperwork back from the doctor’s office to schedule your flight.
- Passengers must not require any medical attention or any medical equipment during the flight (other than aluminum oxygen canister you can carry over your shoulder)
If you feel you qualify for an Angel Flight, have your social worker or doctor fill out our medical forms below and fax back to our office 972-858-5492.
If you've already taken your first Angel Flight, requesting another one is easy:
- Contact the referring person or agency who filled out your original paperwork (doctor, social worker). Ask them to fill out and fax the Follow-up Request Form (click here to download) to the AFSC office at (972) 858-5492.
- Once received, your paperwork will be reviewed and confirmed and we will attempt to schedule your flight.
- Hospitals and doctors’ offices can be very busy. Please follow up to make sure your paperwork has been completed and transmitted to AFSC. We cannot post your mission request to our volunteer pilots until we receive all of your completed paperwork.