It's been a big summer for Angel Flight!
We are excited to share that Air Charity Network (the umbrella organization that encompasses all the Angel Flights across the country) will be one of the 2018 inductees into the International Air & Space Hall of Fame.
The members of the International Air & Space Hall of Fame are recognized for their outstanding contributions to aviation and space innovations.
The Hall of Fame will also be inducting
- Peggy Whitson, the first female commander of the International Space Station (ISS) and holder of the record for most days in space by a NASA astronaut;
- Ellen Ochoa, the first Hispanic woman in the world to go into space;
- Brad Tilden, Chairman/CEO of Alaska Air Group, parent company of Alaska Airlines;
- Bruce Whitman, Chairman, President and CEO of FlightSafety International;
- Lloyd “Fig” Newton, the first African American pilot in the United States Air Force Thunderbirds;
- Richard I. Bong, America’s Ace of Aces and recipient of the Medal of Honor, America’s highest military award.
The ceremony will be held on October 3, 2018, at the San Diego Air & Space Museum.