Thank you to our Volunteer Pilots for continuing to support Angel Flight South Central and help people in need! The situation with COVID-19 continues to change on a daily basis, and we are working hard to keep you informed as new information becomes available. Our updated policies are as follows:
AFSC Revised Policies (06/05/2020):
- Approved Missions:
- AFSC will fly patients with approval from doctors who confirm that travel is absolutely necessary.
- AFSC will fly missions to transport medical supplies, blood, and other items.
- AFSC will begin flying non-essential missions on June 15th.
- All AFSC flights will return to 900 nm (3-legs) beginning June 1st.
- At the Pilot's discretion, adult patients may travel with one companion.
- For patients 18 years old or younger, one adult companion is required to accompany the child.
- NOTE: Medical facilities are not allowing visitors to accompany patients.
- AFSC Recommended Practices for Passenger Flights
- Information on traveling to other States: State and Territorial Health Department Websites
- MD Anderson updates for patients: www.mdanderson.org/coronavirus
Angel Flight South Central encourages everyone to stay informed of the ongoing situation to ensure the health and safety of our pilots, passengers, and those who may come into contact with our pilots and passengers. We have provided a few useful links: